Journey Into the Healing Power of Storytelling
Learn How to Master the Life Review Process
Designed for Hospice Professionals, Mental Health Counselors, Social Workers, Chaplains, and Program Volunteers
Journey into the Healing Power of Storytelling is a day of self-discovery and learning designed to give you narrative tools for working with patients in assisted living, nursing homes, hospice, and other end-of-life situations. Frequently, our patients’ stories go unacknowledged and unexpressed, leaving a vacuum in their lives that results in feelings of emptiness and namelessness. The workshop is intended to show you how to harness the power of storytelling to help your patients (and yourself) connect to healing stories of our past. By telling our stories, we can transform our lives and fill them with meaning, purpose, and deeply rooted feelings of belonging.
Bring the Journey to Your Community
Learn how you can bring Journey Into the Healing Power of Storytelling to your community.
You will learn how to:
- Tell and listen to stories.
- Access and explore past memories.
- Assist patients to recapture memories and share them with their family and friends.
- Harness the power of positive, humorous stories to impact patients’ sense of wellbeing.
- Use imagination as a vehicle for play and accessing a positive emotional life.
- Assist patient to use their stories to open to blocked emotions and memories, and find closure on difficult relationships and unfinished business.
- Change our experience of the past by changing the stories we tell in the present.